Author Topic: No brush preview when painting  (Read 52 times)

The issue is very simple, after updating to 2019.3.2, brush preview just doesn't show when painting. On the attached picture I should see a red square, since there is no alpha mask for the brush, but I only see a circular outline that doesn't represent the actual brush shape or color at all. Same goes for using any and all channels when painting.

Changing the shader or shader quality has no effect at all.

Thanks for any tips on fixing this issue, as I am unable to accurately paint anything.
Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:09:28 pm

I am also expierencing this bug.  If you use a normal texture you are also not able to preview the normal texture you selected.  Your are painting blind.  :-\ Has this functionality changed or is this a bug?

Since 2019.3 the default brush preview changed, you can switch it back to the previous mode via the contextual toolbar setting. See : https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/version-2019-3-188973873.html#Version2019.3-PaintingandGraphicTabletSupportImprovements
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.