Author Topic: Let me get understood of Linear Interpolation node please.  (Read 1061 times)

Hello.
My apology for beginner's question in advance.
I'd like to know what the Linear Interpolation node is about.
My knowledge of it so far is that it's something like 'clamp'.

Do setting clamp true(Fig.01) and using Linear Interpolation(Fig.02) work same operation?
I guess they don't.
Let me know the details please.

they do not - linear interpolation will blend between value A and value B based on the blend value X.

the blend value X decides what percentage of A and B end up in the final result to make up a sum of 100%.
if A is 0 and B is 1 and the blend value is 0.3 it means that 30% of one value and 70% of the other value get combined for the final result. in this case it would be 70% of value A and 30% of value B resulting in a final result of .3.

clamp for the parameter will just limit the UI to not allow you values outside the min-to-max value range.

there is also a clamp node that will limit the values in your calculation to not go outside of the min-to-max value range.
Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:09:02 am

they do not - linear interpolation will blend between value A and value B based on the blend value X.

the blend value X decides what percentage of A and B end up in the final result to make up a sum of 100%.
if A is 0 and B is 1 and the blend value is 0.3 it means that 30% of one value and 70% of the other value get combined for the final result. in this case it would be 70% of value A and 30% of value B resulting in a final result of .3.

clamp for the parameter will just limit the UI to not allow you values outside the min-to-max value range.

there is also a clamp node that will limit the values in your calculation to not go outside of the min-to-max value range.

Hi.
I've got fully understood thanks to you.
I really appreciate with your help.
Have a nice day:)