Author Topic: Unable to get UV Unwrap to run in Substance Painter?  (Read 1213 times)

I've been trying to test out the UV unwrap function with a 50k model. So far, every time I try to bring it into Substance I get the "[Paint editor] Invalid scene, mesh 'test01' has no UV coordinates (test01 being the name I gave to the model)". I made sure to delete all the UVs in maya, and unchecked "Create a texture set per UDIM tile." Any thoughts on why this might be going on?

Edit: Tried attaching the model but I got a "413 Request Entity Too Large" error
Edit 2: Adding log file
Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:55:36 am

Whenever you experience technical difficulties, attach a log file to your posting (Help -> Support -> Export Log).

Something to check ... in your menu > Edit > Settings >General - scroll down and make sure that "Enable automatic UV unwrapping..." is checked. If so and still no joy attach log as Volker suggests.

Whenever you experience technical difficulties, attach a log file to your posting (Help -> Support -> Export Log).
Thanks for this. Added it to the original post

Something to check ... in your menu > Edit > Settings >General - scroll down and make sure that "Enable automatic UV unwrapping..." is checked. If so and still no joy attach log as Volker suggests.
Actually, I can't find that setting on my Substance Painter, and I'm currently on 2019.1.2
Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:14:48 am

and I'm currently on 2019.1.2
... and that may just be my issue! I was using an outdated version :') thanks for your time and responses