Author Topic: sbsar File does not look like my material created in Designer  (Read 462 times)

I followed this beginner tutorial: https://academy.substance3d.com/courses/Creating-your-first-Substance-material/youtube-LvvsuKhc3wc

In the end I created a material that works and looks great in designer. I exported the sbsar file and tried to view it in substance player, and painter, and both came out with the wrong albedo map and no height or normal. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?
Here is the graph in designer:

What the graph looks like in painter and player:

Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:41:23 am

Hi,

If you click on the gear button next to "Export as Bitmap", make sure "OpenGL" is selected.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Hi,

If you click on the gear button next to "Export as Bitmap", make sure "OpenGL" is selected.

I can't seem to find what you're talking about. I'm new to designer. Can you perhaps circle it, or post a screenshot of where exactly I can find it?

I meant in Substance Player.

I meant in Substance Player.

AH! okay that worked! Thank you! Just one more question: is there a similar gear in painter?

I imported the graph as a base material, and
this is how it displays currently:
Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:06:50 am

Can you send me the .sbs file ?

Can you send me the .sbs file ?
Thank you for taking the time to help me. To clarify my situation, I had to switch from openGL to SSE2 in order for player to show the graph properly. The reason I have to use SSE2 is that I'm operating on a 2015 Macbook Pro and the shape splatter node has a bug that causes it to show completely black when using the openGL engine. I've noticed a lot of other people have the same problem, and there doesn't seem to be a solution (at least that I could find) besides switching to CPU processing.
With that said, here is the .sbs.

This is what I have one my side..

Are you sure you loaded the right sbsar in Painter ?

Here is the one I exported from SD.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDCgeHWP1YcS0CVvivp8MuAMA4YooXVI/view?usp=sharing

This is what I have one my side..

Are you sure you loaded the right sbsar in Painter ?

Here is the one I exported from SD.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDCgeHWP1YcS0CVvivp8MuAMA4YooXVI/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, I'm sure. I tried the one you sent back to me as well and got the same result as before.
Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:35:43 pm

That's very strange.. Maybe the problem comes from your mac..? What are the detailed specs of your mac?

Edit: actually it might make sense as Painter uses the Opengl engine to compute the Substance it means the shape splatter also fails to be rendered properly in Painter.. I'll investigate on the bug a bit more.. But I'm afraid there is no solution at the moment :/
Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:41:32 pm

That's very strange.. Maybe the problem comes from your mac..? What are the detailed specs of your mac?

It's a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.2
Processor 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I haven't had any trouble in the past.  The only problem that has come up is that the Shape Splatter node in Designer shows as all black when using openGL... and this texture not working for me in Painter.