Author Topic: Question about student license  (Read 373 times)

I just want to clarify how we can use this student license. So we are a small indie game studio, who are currently working on a game and still under development. From what I know with the student license, we can't use assets created for commercial work but we're curious if we can use the student license throughout the development process as we are not yet making any revenue; we are using GitLab to share the files in a private repository within the team. However, if we are allowed to use student license during the development process and we release the game and start making a revenue, can we switch to indie license and still keep the assets we made during the development stage with the student license?

Hi, the student license is only meant for learning purpose for students currently enrolled in school.
The Indie license is meant for small teams and individuals.

Hi, the student license is only meant for learning purpose for students currently enrolled in school.
The Indie license is meant for small teams and individuals.

I understand this already but this doesn't really answer my question. My question was if I can use the student license during a development process of a game since we are making no revenue at this point and im still learning the software; then when we release the game and switch to indie license, can we still keep the assets we made during the development process with the student license?

The answer is unfortunately no. The student license can only be used by students for studying purpose, not for creating content that will ultimately be part of a commercial project.

Hi,

I am currently using the educational license on my school computer(my own workspace), I wonder if it's allowed to install an Indie version of substance on my school computer? I really need to use pysbs for my project.

Thanks!