Author Topic: Can't load substance presets that I own  (Read 306 times)

Hi I have  problem opening and downloading substance named 'Wicker Close Caning'.
Can you help with this? I need a specific pattern
Thanks

Hi,

Could you please tell me a bit more about the issue you have?

Does the download not work when you click on the "download" icon on the Source website?
Or are you having issues aty another step?
PO @ Allegorithmic

I can download it but when i open it in designer, all the maps are blank unlike the materials that work correctly.

Anyone?

Hi Ensar,

We have not been able to reproduce the issue.
Are you opening the .sbs file in the latest version of designer with a sufficient output resolution?
Could you send me a screenshot of what you see in designer when you try to open the graph, and tell me which version of designer you are using?
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi,
thanks for reply. to open sbs i own a version that is too old but at this moment, that is the one I have, unfortunately.
If i try sbsar there is nothing inside. I opened 'climbing rope' sbsar and it worked perfectly. So I would want to open 'wicker close caning'  as sbsar.
When I try to open it on the substance source website it also won't load.
Screenshot examples attached

Thanks

As your application error message explained, unfortunately your version of Designer can not support opening this material.
It is because it was made with nodes created recently and which are not included in your version of Substance Designer.

You are able to open the "climbing rope" sbs as it was made with an older version of the program.

It won't be possible for you to open and modify the graph with your current version of Substance Designer.
If you have the possibility to update your version of designer, you'll be able to work on it as usual.
If you can't upgrade, you have the possiblity to open the material (the .sbsar version) in the free Substance Player desktop tool, and you'll be able to tweak the parameters and export the maps.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Ok thanks for letting me know.
In this case Substance Player served the purpose.