Author Topic: Cache Disk Usage  (Read 138 times)

Greetings!

I'm having this problem recently where the cache disk usage is always up in the 90% range in Substance Painter 2019.3.1. I've already changed the temporary files directory to a different hard drive, but for some reason my C drive always gets filled up over time when I'm working on a project. It's been bugging me and I've already done what other forums suggested, yet so far the only way to clear the cache is to restart my PC. But when I open my project file again, over time it still fills up my C drive even though the location for temporary files is set on a completely different drive.

Any idea why this happens? My C drive is a small SSD reserved for the OS and core applications I use. I use an HDD to store all my assets and project files.

Any insights would be appreciated!

I was able to pinpoint when the C drive fills up. It's when I switch to Iray render mode, as it renders, the C drive fills up. It takes around 5-6GB.

When your disk starts to fill up, is your system memory (RAM) full ?
If that's the case, then you are simply running out of memory and the system starts to swap on the disk. We don't control this, but you can say to the system to cache out on a different disk. See: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/crash-with-low-virtual-memory-154140874.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.