Author Topic: Tablet Issues after 2019.3.x update  (Read 7329 times)

I've setup my Wacom pen to have secondary mouse clic on one pen button and central clic on the other one. Fact is, it works fine over the main viewport (manipulating the view for instance, panning, zooming, etc) but as soon as you try the same input(right clic) over the layer menu to maybe, add a mask, the input is taken as a long left mouse button clic (and drags the layer instead) It still works fine if I switch from the wacom preferences to use wacom driver instead of windows ink, but I can't use pen pressure on this mode anymore.
So if I understood well, the right-click action on your pen works fine in the viewport but doesn't open the contextual menu over the layer and instead act as regular left-click ? Just to be sure, you mouse clicks are not reversed in Windows settings (left handed mode) ?

Oh by the way, I dont know if its useful for you, but SP crashes if you have setup different font sizes on different monitors and accidentally detach and move one panel to the other monitor :)
We are aware of this issue. I suggest to stay on topic, not that we don't care about the crash (we plan on addressing it), but it would be better to keep the conversion here about tablet issues to make things easier to follow.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

JND

Hi,
Maybe you are aware of these already but im posting just as a note :).
Im now testing version 2019.3.3 with Wacom Intuos Pro M (PTH-660) in Windows 10. (attached the log file)
Sliders are working but only if you are working without altering the UI scaling. Painting generally is very laggy, previous version was working better, dont know if its just my settings.

Thank you!
JND

So if I understood well, the right-click action on your pen works fine in the viewport but doesn't open the contextual menu over the layer and instead act as regular left-click ? Just to be sure, you mouse clicks are not reversed in Windows settings (left handed mode) ?

Whatever you had configured in your pen's buttons works fine over the viewport, but as soon as you try that on layer menu (or any other popup) it works as default windows right click. Actually I've found a workaround, if you keep the option to "use click as secondary mouse button" under windows control panel pen and tab options it works, and pops the secondary mouse button menu.

I've attached my log if it helps.

Hi,
Maybe you are aware of these already but im posting just as a note :).
Im now testing version 2019.3.3 with Wacom Intuos Pro M (PTH-660) in Windows 10. (attached the log file)
Sliders are working but only if you are working without altering the UI scaling. Painting generally is very laggy, previous version was working better, dont know if its just my settings.

Thank you!
You log is missing, could you re-attach it ? Also I will need your Wacom drivers version as mentioned in the opening post. What is your UI scaling in Windows by the way ?

Whatever you had configured in your pen's buttons works fine over the viewport, but as soon as you try that on layer menu (or any other popup) it works as default windows right click. Actually I've found a workaround, if you keep the option to "use click as secondary mouse button" under windows control panel pen and tab options it works, and pops the secondary mouse button menu.

I've attached my log if it helps.
Could you clarify what you mean by pop-up ? I'm not sure I understand the word the same way as you do, which could lead to wrong interpretation of the issue on my side. Are talking about the dock windows, when they are floating ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

just tested sliders in 2019.3.3

Same issues exept now it sometimes will start dragging for a little bit but then stop and it's the same issue as before...
it even tried showing the right click circle a few times even though i have it disabled...
i even went through the setup guide a second time to make sure all the settings still match, they do.

I'd record a new clip but as far as i can tell it's the same silly issues with windows ink that could be resolved by providing a wintab setting in the options for substance painter. i think i'll just cancel my subscription untill the issue is resolved, i wish i'd gotten the perpetual licence for 2019.2...cause i'm paying for versions i cant even use.

Ah well, saw the patch notes and was hopeful i could finally use a 2019.3 version...i guess not.

Wacom Intuos Pro PTH-660
Driver 6.3.38-2
Windows 10 (most recent updates)
Screen resolution of 2560x1440 @ 144hz (ui scaling unchanged)
Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:56:26 am

Hey all,

I'm experiencing severe input lag with windows ink toggled on (before and after following the setup in the docs), vs none at all with it toggled off.  Input stops lagging on a fresh file for a bit until it picks up again and becomes permanent in the file. 

-It also only seems to be happening with the paint brush, erase and smear work just fine with ink and sensitivity options.

I'm on a Nvidia Quadro P4000 and using an Intuos Pro M.  My wacom driver version is 6.3.38-2.  Attached is my log file.

Thanks
Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:00:47 pm

Wacom Cintiq 22HD
Wacom Driver 6.3.38-2 (up to date)
Windows 10
Substance Painter version 2019.3.3

Having similar issues as decencora, but not only the slider dragging is very difficult, the viewport navigation is completely unusable with the lag (painting however, is not affected, as long as I don't try to navigate in the viewport). When using a mouse it works perfectly fine. I then tried turning off windows ink on the pen setting and performance goes back to perfect again but I lose all sensitivity.

I have followed the document posted on every recommended setting, for your information.

I hope this issue gets resolved soon as the improved pressure sensitivity is of no use when I can't navigate with the pen...

Thanks!

P.S. If there is anything else I can provide to help with the problem please let me know, log file attached
Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:44:01 pm

@cara.di42 @milkey @david60713 Could you guys provide a video of your issues ?
-----------

Sure thing, so in the first 20 or so seconds I'm using the mouse to paint with windows ink on, then I switch to the tablet with pressure sensitivity off.  After testing that I toggle off windows ink and use the tablet and it works free and clear of hitching.  Finally I toggle pressure controls on as well as windows ink and it all goes south again. 

Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:46:49 pm

I know this has been said before, but...
Please, remove this necessity to have Windows Ink...
I dont understand why the change was necessary in the first place, it used to work perfectly before.
Windows Ink is a nightmare beyond imagination. There is no option to remove "flicks" one of the big hassles and gesture detection anymore.

Zbrush works nicely without Windows Ink, detecting pressure and etc...
Photoshop has a clumky (but functional) workaround to make it detect pressure without Windows Ink.
Why cant be the same with Substance Painter?
I am using Windows 10.
Intuos 5 M
and Substance Painter 2019.3.3

I know this has been said before, but...
Please, remove this necessity to have Windows Ink...
I dont understand why the change was necessary in the first place, it used to work perfectly before.
Windows Ink is a nightmare beyond imagination. There is no option to remove "flicks" one of the big hassles and gesture detection anymore.

Zbrush works nicely without Windows Ink, detecting pressure and etc...
Photoshop has a clumky (but functional) workaround to make it detect pressure without Windows Ink.
Why cant be the same with Substance Painter?
I am using Windows 10.
Intuos 5 M
and Substance Painter 2019.3.3

Adding to it, Mari and Blender both work fine without windows ink.
Blender even gives  you the option of which tablet api to use.

I feel bad that I had our company buy Substance and I don't like using it because of the tablet interface.
Alchemist is great though.

@cara.di42 @milkey @david60713 Could you guys provide a video of your issues ?

See the post on the first page, same issue. but now it's less consistent. here's in 2019.3.3

Seems they are getting the same events for the mouse down, atleast
Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:24:36 pm

I managed to reproduce the issue and we are looking into it. It seems to only happen when the slider is at its maximum or minimum value when you start moving it, and not all sliders are affected.

I managed to reproduce the issue and we are looking into it. It seems to only happen when the slider is at its maximum or minimum value when you start moving it, and not all sliders are affected.

In the gif I showed it seems to be the case at any value, not just min and max. (the flow slider started at 55)
Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:51:14 am

So I have the problem with DECO 03 tablet from XP Pen. No support of Substance, neither xp pen can help me.
The problem is - in 2019 version my tablet hotkeys didnt work. At all. (in 2018 everything is fine). Not on the pen, not on the tablet itself - its really annoying, as im handpainting and working on substance a lot. Help, please, dont know what to do :(