Author Topic: MEET MAT2: Ghostly Spartan by Eckart Krumbach  (Read 3435 times)

Hi guys, the is the Mat im working at the moment, my idea is to represent an Spartan ghost who is stuck in his old armor, right now im blocking masks and working on the heightmap, later based on the heightmap i will add different materials, damages and other details, the gold color and the pale leather is just for reference, the white color is a mask that mimicks where ill put emissive channels that will imitate a ghost like look, i think ill go with a corroded bronze armor or something like that, cheers and good luck to everyone on the contest  ;D ;D

Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:39:03 am

Good start! (I would try to focus on shapes rather than adding the gold color directly ;) )

More progress on my entry  :), still have to add more bones on the ribs, add the skull, work on the emissive mask for the ghostly effect and finally work on the base.

Good start! (I would try to focus on shapes rather than adding the gold color directly ;) )

Thank you!  ;D

More progress on my entry, still have to finish a few smaller details, and finally the base, any feedback is more than welcome  :)

nice opacity usage ;)

Great work! Looking for more updates!  ;)
3D Artist

Progress on the base  :), i put my mats 'Human name' in the base, its 'Mateus Secundus', but im not sure to leave that one or put Ghostly SpartaMat instead, i havent worked on the top part yet, im thinking about putting grave concrete on that part, but im not sure, any recommendation and feedback is more than appreciated, thanks!

Awesome concept! Very cool already.

More progress, id say im almost done with the base of Mat, still have to fix the helmet crest, and work on the emissive layer a bit more.

hi people, id say im 95% done with my character, im a bit insecure about the white tones i added on the external part of the helmet, any kind of feedback is more than welcome. :D

hi people, id say im 95% done with my character, im a bit insecure about the white tones i added on the external part of the helmet, any kind of feedback is more than welcome. :D

I love this design! I think the white tones read well on the helmet. Maybe you could add some leather in the boots too, or a different material to separate the sole from the top part of the shoes
Environment Artist | Looking for work

I love this design! I think the white tones read well on the helmet. Maybe you could add some leather in the boots too, or a different material to separate the sole from the top part of the shoes

Thank you!!
you're totally right, i should've done that on the boots lol
unfortunately im running low on time so i dont think i will be able to work more on it :/, btw this is the final version.

Awesome, I like the new helmet, definitely feels more "Spartan"!
Environment Artist | Looking for work