Author Topic: exposed parameters from Alchemist to Painter  (Read 780 times)

is there any way to export materials from Alchemist in a way so that they can open in painter with exposed parameters (like the sliders work in Alchemist)? from Designer it is possible but for Alchemist please explain. Thanks.

This is not possible, at least not yet, to export parametric materials from Substance Alchemist.
Head of Product Management

This is not possible, at least not yet, to export parametric materials from Substance Alchemist.

Thank you for the reply. Is it possible if I make Designer file from Alchemist and then open in Designer and from there export with exposed parameters.?

When you export from Alchemist, whatever the format, materials are always textures for the moment. Today, SBS and SBSAR export are sorts of containers of textures.
What you can do, it's to do the base of your materials in Alchemist, export as SBS files and add additional nodes inside Substance Designer to add the parameters you want.
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

When you export from Alchemist, whatever the format, materials are always textures for the moment. Today, SBS and SBSAR export are sorts of containers of textures.
What you can do, it's to do the base of your materials in Alchemist, export as SBS files and add additional nodes inside Substance Designer to add the parameters you want.
oh. thats great. Thank you. i am a newbie to Substance, so unfamiliar with basics. :)

This is really unfortunate, and without the exposed parameters I don't see the point of Alchemist when combining with Painter.

As a work-around, are the filters in Alchemist available to Painter somehow?  Can I install them into Painter?

In particular, I'm currently working with the moss splatter effect in Alchemist.  I know there are other ways to come up sith something similar in Painter, but I really have it looking like I want - now I just need the ability to randomize it in Painter.

After my last post, I learned that Alchemist does not export procedural materials at all.  It just puts the texture maps into a .sbsar container.  That's pretty disappointing and means Alchemist will not be super useful in conjunction with Painter for now.

Really hope this feature can be added.