Author Topic: Meet MAT 2: Davide Prestino - THE MATALORIAN  (Read 3507 times)

I start with my idea for this fantastic Contest, soon my little renderings, today I spend the time for the references. ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:21:36 am

Awesome! Good luck!

Good luck!
But be careful with Mandalorian. This text is from the full rules.
"Use of any asset that would infringe upon a copyright or any other intellectual property right is prohibited. As such, some artworks (e.g. fan art) may be disqualified from the contest to abide by copyright rules or applicable laws and regulations."

I read the rules, If I use some materials, logos or graphic I think, but if the art is ispirated I think is not a problem! or not?

Start my WIP

Inspired by and not infringing on copyright (especially when it comes to Disney) is a tricky area. If you can say it is a parody then that tends to be fine, as parodies are protected. However, since this is for a competition where you will be gaining financially (in prizes but still) from winning, it would be wise to be sure you are not just using the IP for a cool idea.
ClifiProductions
Making content with passion

For example: If you were to use the basic structure of the Mandalorian armour as inspiration, but wanted to make a statement, such as "no guns", which would be very much a parody of the Mandalorian, then it should be ok. However, I would still check with the organisers of the competition if its ok.
ClifiProductions

Generally they are quite loose for this kind of contest. We have to specify it in the rules (and it may not be part of derived products like books), but we didn't have any issue with the first contest. Just mention your inspiration, and enjoy

UP

Generally they are quite loose for this kind of contest. We have to specify it in the rules (and it may not be part of derived products like books), but we didn't have any issue with the first contest. Just mention your inspiration, and enjoy

That is great to hear, Vincent, thanks for that. Cant wait to see how this Mando inspired one turns out
ClifiProductions

Great start! (And concept!) :D

May the Force be with you!

I Spoken

Hi guys, hi Vincent,
I just would like to react to vincent message about copyright and inspiration from brand and other tradmark character.
I did the Matpool when I was student and even if I was in the ten first my matt is not in the book due to those copyright and trademark stuff.

So my advice is: just have fun guys enjoy (it's what I did knowing that copyright could be an issue) but if this situation occurs to you, don't be too disapointed it's a classic move from those big studio etc... ...This is the way ^^

And really great work your mat looks great!!
Luca Eliseo
Environment artist looking for a job.