Author Topic: High poly "UV coordinates are missing"?  (Read 86 times)

Pics attached for clarity.

So I'm a bit stuck here. I have an unwrapped low poly model (from 3DsMax) in Substance Painter. I also have a high poly model (3DsMax) which I did some extra work on in Zbrush. After the Zbrush work, I re-imported the high poly back into 3DsMax to colorcode it with some materials, and then exported it from Max to Substance Painter. Problem is, when I try to bake a normal map, I receive an error saying "Errors have been found while splitting meshes per UV tile: Mesh 'Rock' UV coordinates are missing."

This is the first time I see this error, and I haven't the slightest clue what's causing it. My low poly is unwrapped just fine and as far as I'm aware high poly models don't need to be unwrapped. Any help is appreciated.

edit: It's probably worth noting that I split up the model into 7 subtools in Zbrush, and kept it split in pieces even after exporting back into Max and then into SP. The only subtool which I added detail to in Zbrush is the 'Rock' subtool, which happens to be the piece causing the baking error in SP.

Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:35:45 pm

Could you share your meshes so that I can try to replicate on my side ?
You can send them by PM.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Thanks for the meshes, we are now looking into the issue. At the moment we don't have a workaround to provide unfortunately.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Alright, problem solved. I assumed my high poly would keep it's scale during the transfer from Zbrush to 3DsMax. I double checked and and the scaling was completely off.

Thanks for looking into it!