Author Topic: UDIM tiles created incorrectly and are not updating  (Read 216 times)

I've done a lot of searching on here, and I'm aware that Substance isn't suppose to support negative UDIMs, but it seems as if it has. I have a model, which successfully loaded in and created UDIMs named 1001, 1002, 991, 992, 993, and 994.  I thought this naming was odd, but I didn't worry about it - I guess I should have.

Now I'm trying to update the model in the scene which has the exact same UDIM setup as the original, and it fails telling me that it has tiles in the -1 space. Which, turns out is true. Somehow all my UDIM were shifted down one space. When I shift them up, and try and reconnect it miss matches the UDIM tiles, because it can't find UDIMs 991, 992, 993 and 994. These were the ones that were below 0.

I have even tried reconnected the original mesh to the project just to see what happens and it breaks as well, because the original mesh, the one that worked just fine before, has UDIMs in -1. I really need to replace the mesh in this project and not start from scratch so I could really use some help here. How can I get my new mesh to load in, and make sure that it links UDIM 991 with UDIM 1001.

I know this is convoluted, but thanks for the help. Happy to provide you with the working project file that has the "negative" UDIMs if it will help. I just can't post it publicly.

Thanks,

- timdan
+timdan

I'm surprised the application was able to import the negative tiles, it shouldn't had been the case.
Regarding your current issue at hand :
When I shift them up, and try and reconnect it miss matches the UDIM tiles, because it can't find UDIMs 991, 992, 993 and 994. These were the ones that were below 0.
I would suggest redoing that step and then using the reassign texture set feature, see: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/texture-set-reassignment-156565560.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yes! That got me back on track. Still don't know how it all got flubbed up in the first place, but thanks for helping me right the ship!

Bless you, and your whole family!  ;D
+timdan