Author Topic: Meet MAT 2 contest FAQ  (Read 14204 times)

Hey when you are submitting your work as a student do you only have to check the checkbox where it says student. Also shouldnt there be a place for like student id's and papers? And what should you write on the rendering comment sections?

Mark the school, and we'll double-check for the winners

Hi!

what time on the fourth does the application form close?
im trying to figure out timezones. Thanks!

Pacific time

I am making a Bluetooth speaker themed Mat, and I was wondering if I would be allowed to use a small image of album art on his display or if that would get me disqualified. Thanks!

You won't be disqualified unless the IP owners have something to say about it

I would like to second Rosina's query, please.  I am eight hours off of GMT, so many contests actually end a day early for me.

Well, it started earlier for you as well :)

10, Use of any asset that would infringe upon a copyright or any other intellectual property right is prohibited. As such, some artworks (e.g. fan art) may be disqualified from the contest to abide by copyright rules or applicable laws and regulations.

I textured Mat based on a game character. Is this ok or will i get disqualified?

No: we have to write this for legal reason, but fanart is absolutely welcome unless an IP owner is requesting the withdrawal of the work (which shouldn't happen)

@Vincent I've submitted my entry, but the images have the Mat logo on them. Do I need to resubmit without the logo? Thanks.

Not a big deal honestly: keep a version without the logos in case we need it

Hi! I want to draw a face. Can I draw a base color layer in Photoshop and then add it to Substance Painte?
Thanks

mmm I would say no as creative work has to be done within SP

I seem to have an issue with my submission. I am limited to choosing just one additional render aside from the mandatory ones. Is anyone else running into this issue. The rules say that we can add up to 3 additional ones but in the submission form I can only chose one file.

Make a zip files with your images within

Guys I have an ultra quick question of the last minute, if I export the curvature and edit it in photoshop since it can't be directly edited in Substance (in PS I'm just adding a black/white stencil into a part of the model, actually it is also the same stencil/alpha I imported into Substance Painter for other uses), is this legit for the contest or do I get disqualified?
Just to know because my MAT is ready and also rendered (and uploaded duh), but this doubt came to my mind, in case I would work-around this at the speed of light and re-submit!

Many thanks in advance!
Ettore

Can be tricky depending on the amount of details you are actually adding... if you don't want to take a risk, do it with an anchor point (?)

I would like to second Rosina's query, please.  I am eight hours off of GMT, so many contests actually end a day early for me.

Well, it started earlier for you as well :)

Aha, so true!  Must focus on the positive!

is anyone else facing the issue of flickering renders?
im really struggling with this...

Where are you guys getting the logo assets? I can't find the MeetMat2 logo anywhere

How are you guys uploading to SKetchfab and have the displacement working? When I use the export option, it doesn't export height and if I do bring in height, the model needs to be subdivided but I see tons of people have their displacement working in Sketchfab. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I published my entry Meet Susan (Mr. Link) before the deadline ! However I think my entry is empty has I didn't understand the fact that we had to click on "upload" and not just select them....
I published an other one few minutes ago but the deadline is already finished....
Is my empty entry going to be link to new one ....... ?

Sorry for the misunderstanding

I got a response from "contact", and as I uploaded less than 8 hours after the deadline it should get the new one
Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:22:03 pm
Generalist TD
Framestore