Author Topic: Meet MAT 2 contest FAQ  (Read 35171 times)

Hi, a few days ago I sent a contact form to ask about a trial extension to participate in the contest, but haven't gotten a response. Is it an issue that it would be my second trial extension? ( I participated in the last contest).

Do you have the following number? if not please make the request again, it should work (also double check that it is not already in your licenses)

I used this page to fill the form https://www.substance3d.com/contact/ . I did it twice and just got an email with my message, no following numbers that I can see. I just checked and it still shows as expired.

Hi, a few days ago I sent a contact form to ask about a trial extension to participate in the contest, but haven't gotten a response. Is it an issue that it would be my second trial extension? ( I participated in the last contest).

Do you have the following number? if not please make the request again, it should work (also double check that it is not already in your licenses)

I used this page to fill the form https://www.substance3d.com/contact/ . I did it twice and just got an email with my message, no following numbers that I can see. I just checked and it still shows as expired.

pls drop an email directly here: contact@substance3d.com

Hi! When saving render from iray as .png file, the background is fully transparent. Is there a way to enable saving background to .png file?
3D Artist

So weird question. I may have ... Kinda got ...just a lil bit  carried away with the texturing and I've accumulated hundreds and hundreds of layers and I almost killed my project and I'm half done which means a lot more layers to come. Any way I can optimize my substance file?

Should the submission renderings be free of any logos (meet mat 2) and artist information?
Just wondering, cause if so I would match those extras only to the images I plan to show in my portfolio. :D
3D Prop & Environment Artist | Head Instructor Game Art & 3D Animation
Artstation | Twitter | Instagram

Hi! When saving render from iray as .png file, the background is fully transparent. Is there a way to enable saving background to .png file?

The info is still there ;)
if you have Photoshop, you can open it then: Layers/new fusion mask, from transparency.

So weird question. I may have ... Kinda got ...just a lil bit  carried away with the texturing and I've accumulated hundreds and hundreds of layers and I almost killed my project and I'm half done which means a lot more layers to come. Any way I can optimize my substance file?

You could try to place your already done work in a closed folder + you can do a save and compact

Should the submission renderings be free of any logos (meet mat 2) and artist information?
Just wondering, cause if so I would match those extras only to the images I plan to show in my portfolio. :D

if you can provide both it's even better (meanwhile I'll ask)

if you have Photoshop, you can open it then: Layers/new fusion mask, from transparency.

Found it. It's under Layer -> Layer mask -> From transparency. Quite confusing, you can't control that in iray though)
3D Artist

Found it. It's under Layer -> Layer mask -> From transparency. Quite confusing, you can't control that in iray though)

Indeed.. This has never been exposed

Quick question, for the final render, can we export our textures from our painting project at 8k and then apply them to the mat model inside substance painter for the final render? It would still be rendered in iray in painter, just after exporting the textures and bringing them back in. Although I'm not sure if iray within painter supports 8k textures, so maybe this wouldn't even work.

Hi,

I have a question about the rules about
> 2. You must use the default Substance Painter shaders.

Is the default shader only means pbr-metal-rough?
Can I use the shaders that included with Substance Painter, such as pbr-car-paint or pbr-metal-rough-anisotropy-angle?

Thank you!

Is it possible to feed maps I created manually without baking to the mesh maps slots? Or it's must be only low poly mesh baked maps in there?

Thanks

Hi, can we change the aperture and focus distance of the two mandatory camera ? (C1 and C7)
And second question, can we use a background hdri for the final renders (including the mandatory cameras) or do we have to only use the uniform color option ?

Thanks
Generalist TD
Framestore

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I am recent graduate I graduated last June 2019 from Uni, do I get participate as a student or on the open category?

Thank youu