Author Topic: Pressure from pen works only in tablet mode  (Read 225 times)

Hello, I use Intuos 3 wacom tablet and pressure doesnt work in mouse mapping mod, only in tablet mod. More specifically it works only if windows ink setting in wacom drivers settings is on. Also painting with pen is super laggy, while painting with mouse is fine. In other programs it works correctly.

The problem may be that intuos 3 doesnt have windows 10 drivers. But i want to know other users experience and preferably word from developers before i go buy a new tablet.

Same problem in Photoshop coul be easily fixed by typing
"# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0"
in the INI file. Could something simmilar be done in substance painter?

Ive disabled pen double click, still extra lag present.
my tablet driver version is  6.3.15-3
I've reinstalled my drivers multiple times and tried all other versions
Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:42:20 pm

We now have a documentation page with recommended settings to configure Windows Ink and make it compatible with Substance Painter : https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/configuring-pens-and-tablets-188974256.html

If you still have issues after following those recommendations, please post :
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Ive already did everything listed, still lag present.
my tablet is Intuos 3 wacom
driver version is  6.3.15-3 (latest for this model. tablet can work with newer ones, but then i cant configure it, so i cant turn on windows ink, so pressure doesnt work is substance painter)

In related post thare was a reply about considering adding wintab compatability, thank you. My guess is that mouse mod on my wacom drivers relies on wintab.
Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:53:54 pm

Ive already did everything listed, still lag present.
my tablet is Intuos 3 wacom
driver version is  6.3.15-3 (latest for this model. tablet can work with newer ones, but then i cant configure it, so i cant turn on windows ink, so pressure doesnt work is substance painter)
You don't have access to the Windows Ink setting with drivers 6.3.15 ?

In related post thare was a reply about considering adding wintab compatability, thank you. My guess is that mouse mod on my wacom drivers relies on wintab.
If you disable the mouse mode temporarily, can your work normally ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

If you disable the mouse mode temporarily, can your work normally ?

Mouse mode - no lag, no pressure, no option to turn on windows ink.
Tablet mode without windows ink - no lag, no pressure.
Tablet mode with windows ink - pressure is working, but there is substantial lag and gpu usage.

all the above is only applied to substance painter, in other programs its all ok.
Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:32:30 pm