Author Topic: Substances with Unity 2019.3.0b1  (Read 9336 times)

Hello,

I wantet to test the Unity beta version 2019.3.0b1. Unfortunately it seems that the substances asset does not work.

Do others also have the problem?

Best regards

Hello,

I wantet to test the Unity beta version 2019.3.0b1. Unfortunately it seems that the substances asset does not work.

Do others also have the problem?

Best regards

Hi,

The plugin is working in 2019.3 but we do have some issues. There is an error that appears but you can clear that and it will continue to work. However, the bigger issue is that material settings like tiling are being reset. We are looking into this. We don't support the beta versions of Unity but we are actively checking them so that we can be ready with an update when the beta becomes an official release.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Can't get it to work with 2019.3_0f1

I was testing the plugin with beta release with HDRP. I would love to see that substance works seamlessly with HDRP but that seems to be not the case.  The substance material still changes to defaults after tiling etc. Wes replied way back in Aug 2019 that they are looking to release for beta as well. However we are in feb 2019 and the issue still remains. Is there any hope here?

Can't get it to work with 2019.3_0f1

Please let us know what is happening in 2019.3.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I was testing the plugin with beta release with HDRP. I would love to see that substance works seamlessly with HDRP but that seems to be not the case.  The substance material still changes to defaults after tiling etc. Wes replied way back in Aug 2019 that they are looking to release for beta as well. However we are in feb 2019 and the issue still remains. Is there any hope here?

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the delay. We are prepping our 2.4.4 release which includes this fix. We released this update to our beta and now we need to get this on the Asset Store. There were some regression issues that API changes in 2019.3 broke and this delayed our Jan/Feb release. If you would like to join our beta, please send me a PM and I can add you.

We are finalizing the changes to our 2.4.4 release from beta feedback and should get this to to the Asset store soon.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com