Author Topic: Parts of Default Smart Materials NOT present in the shelf… How? Why?  (Read 1166 times)

I notice some of the grunges/procedurals in the built-in smart materials are not available in the shelf to be used on their own.

For example the “wood_pattern_01” found in the Wood Ship Hull Nordic Smart Material.

Where is this coming from?

How come it's not showing up anywhere in my shelf?

And how can you use this particular procedural (“wood_pattern_01”) in another project?

I was under the impression that all textures, materials and resources should appear in the shelf… I don't get it.

Thanks for your support!
Cristobal Vila - etereaestudios.com

This question had been answered by email. Here is the answer in case other people have a similar query.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Indeed, we generally try to have all resources available in the shelf. However, at times we do not have the original resource since the smart material was made by someone outside the team. We still keep the smart material in this case, as it is a nice one, but unfortunately we do not always have all the sources. If you isolate the grunge though (Alt + click on mask of the layer), you should perhaps be able to replicate the results with the grunges available (if I am not mistaken about the layer you are referring to, the noise looks a but like one of the Directional Noises in the shelf). 

Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist