Author Topic: DirectX - OpenGL switch 1.01  (Read 7006 times)

Just updated to version 1.01 - anyone having trouble with DirectX - OpenGL switch with this version? Mine does not seem to work after the update so having to flip the green channel manually.

EDIT: Changing the OpenGL/DirectX switch from within the Project Configuration after you've imported your normal map indeed doesn't update automatically. You need to disable/renable the normal map - it is a display bug. Hopefully this has been caught and fixed by the guys.
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:31:16 am

Ah so not going crazy! Hopefully will be fixed in future releases.

Ah so not going crazy! Hopefully will be fixed in future releases.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I will alert the devs.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I'm having a similar issue.  Number 1 is my object in the Substance Designer viewport and number 2 is the same mesh with the normals exported from substance designer and placed on the same mesh in the substance painter viewport.

Normals were baked in Direct X and imported into substance painter using the Direct X setting. I inverted the green channel but that didn't accomplish anything. Tried switching between Direct X and Open GL settings as well as baking out normals using open GL, nothing seemed to work.

I've baked normals in substance and brought them into painter using previous versions without any issues.

I'm on a Mac running OS 10.10

thanks

I'm having a similar issue.  Number 1 is my object in the Substance Designer viewport and number 2 is the same mesh with the normals exported from substance designer and placed on the same mesh in the substance painter viewport.

Normals were baked in Direct X and imported into substance painter using the Direct X setting. I inverted the green channel but that didn't accomplish anything. Tried switching between Direct X and Open GL settings as well as baking out normals using open GL, nothing seemed to work.

I've baked normals in substance and brought them into painter using previous versions without any issues.

I'm on a Mac running OS 10.10

thanks

Hi,

Are you using 1.0.2? I believe this issue is fixed in 1.0.2.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

oh awesome. ill update.