Author Topic: Is there a way to get more than 2 digits of decimal precision?  (Read 1158 times)

Hi there,

I just made a substance to apply a flat shadow to SPainter layers, but I am having great difficulties placing it in a different position than the source, as an offset value of 0.01 is waaaaay too much.
I would need a precision of at least 3 digits, but with 4K maps probably 5 or 6 digits would be better.

Also, it would really, really be great to have a Move tool in Substance Painter, that allows you to set float2 (offset) values visually, instead of guessing the position manually.

Thanks!

You would probably be better off dividing the value in a function in SD when building the substance, it will be much easier to manipulate in SP afterwards.

Thank you Jeremie, I ended up trying 2 different solutions.

One is a function that converts pixel units to the proper offset values, and the other is to add a "precision" slider that does what you said.

I like the solution with pixels better, but probably that is going to give me some problems if I then decide to switch resolution in SPainter.