Author Topic: Substance Painter Files not openable from server  (Read 2054 times)

I am not sure what we are doing wrong, but when we save Painter files to the work server other people can't open them.  We get an error saying the file location isn't valid.  Do all of the files that are brought into the Painter file have to be loaded from the same server location when the file is initially created?

Thanks!
Environment Artist - Red Storm Entertainment

I'm submitting this through the Bug Report. You can ignore this post.

You won't be able to open a SP project file if it's set to read only, would it be the case on your server by any chance?
A fix for this issue is on the way.

Hi Jeremie,

Thanks for the response!  It was not read only.  I also sent the file to my co-worker via a phone, and we still couldn't open it.

We were a bit baffled by it, because we can obviously open your sample .spp's.

Thanks!

Would you be able to send me the project or attach it to your support ticket?

I havnt been able to use substance for a few months (waiting for work to buy it)  :'(
but i vaguely remember having this issue too..
i think i fixed it by mapping the server to a drive letter.
hope that helps.

Hi Jeremie,

I can't post or send the project file unfortunately, since it is tied to our game. We did some other tests and saved out a box sample scene.  I sent my co-worker the file via our messaging software and he was able to open it, but when I submitted the file via Perforce it no longer opened for him.

Thanks for looking into it.

boardertron:  Thanks for the suggestion, but the Perforce data is already mapped to a drive.

I feel like when we tried checking out the file and opening it with the last version of Painter it didn't work.  I could be wrong, but, I wanted to let you know that definitely after updating to the latest version of Painter (we needed that SD 5 compatibility!) it is an issue with not being able to open up a read-only file.  I was wrong about that.

I don't know what was going on with the IPhone transfer issue, but that isn't a bid deal for me.

Thanks!

Handling read only projects and shelf is being worked on and should be part of the next build.