Author Topic: SP OS X Yosemite Crashes -> Working on a hotfix  (Read 4071 times)

Hi all,

First of all, let me say on the behalf of the whole company that we are sorry for the crashs some of you are getting with SP 1.0.2.
We of course made some QA before releasing it (and we even enlarged our QA team lately), however there are obviously some crashes that we missed.

Be sure we are working on it, trying to reproduce them and fixing them ASAP.

For those who have problems to open previous projects, please send us those projects to bugs@allegorithmic.com so that we can investigate what is the problem, as we didn't manage to reproduce this problem yet.

UPDATE 12/01/14: It appears that problems mainly comes from the OS X version, and it seems related to Yosemite. We removed the 1.0.2 version for Mac OS X from our website as we don't want to give you something not usable, and we will put it back ASAP.
We would thus advise to use 1.0.1 for Mac OS X which is safe, and for those who want to use 1.0.2 on Mac OS X we would advise to use it on Steam, as it's not affected by the Yosemite bugs.

UPDATE 12/29/14: Version 1.1.1 is more stable on Yosemite, but still has issues. We are continuing to work on making this 100% stable on OS X Yosemite.

Nicolas
Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:05:59 pm
Head of Product Management

Hello I have the big graphical problem on Yosemite 10.10.2 with substance painter 1.2. Is there a way to fix? I can't work..

thank'you

Hello I have the big graphical problem on Yosemite 10.10.2 with substance painter 1.2. Is there a way to fix? I can't work..

thank'you

Hi,

We have a known issue with Yosemite. We are working on a fix. I don't have anymore details at this time and we are very sorry for this issue. I'm a mac user myself, so I definitely feel your pain.

I would suggest dropping back to the following version in your account downloads. I use this build on Yosemite without issue.

Substance Painter, version 1.0.1
Build 505 - 1b19a5b693f661fbc400276b644e1d522588bd3e

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thank you Wes,

Now I can work on my mesh!
I'll wait for the definitive fix, good work and thank you again!

Mauri

Hi, I can't install "Substance_Painter-1.2.1.613-mac-x64-standard-full" on my iMac.
Its OSX 10.9.5. Installer tells me there was a problem and quits.
Any ideas?

Any news on this? My PC version is rock solid, but on OS X 10.10.2 it crashes pretty quickly. Version 1.0.1 works fine on OSX, but I'd like those newer features at some point!
Thanks!

Any news on this? My PC version is rock solid, but on OS X 10.10.2 it crashes pretty quickly. Version 1.0.1 works fine on OSX, but I'd like those newer features at some point!
Thanks!

+1, except that I don't have a PC, so I just can't use Painter...

Mac issues are being solved right now, we are making good progress, again, we are really sorry for the inconvenience.

So let's hope the next version is released real soon to enjoy SP again (and if yu happen to implement 3D mouse support at the same time, I'll be ecstatic ! :) )

I'm using Substance Painter 1.3.3 and I've been getting  a lot of crashes lately. I'm on Yosemite as well, 10.10.1 and it seems to only ever happen when I switch the texture resolution to 4k. If I stick with 2k it doesn't seem to give me any problems.

I'm a brand new user on Yosemite 10.10.2, brand new retina iMac 5K with 32 gig ram.  Nothing else running.

I'm getting constant crashing on Painter 1.3.3.  If I start a new project, load my model as an .obj or .3ds it crashes instantly.  I converted the model to a .dae and thought I was ok.  But then as soon as I start working it crashes.  I added a fill layer to put in my base, specular and emission map.  Then I just clicked on some tools to start painting and it crashed.

I have OpenGL type set and I've only got the 2k textures selected.  If you email me I can send you the model and a project file (if it will stay up long enough to save it).

I'm ready to pay for this software, and I NEED it to start getting some work done.  Is 1.3.3 the hot fix or is the hot fix not released yet?  The last I see from you guys here in the forum about this was on the 8th.  Do you have another solid build I can use?  Please.. thanks!

-Michael Smith
Bad Weasel Games

Hi,

We just released SP 1.3.4 in beta for LIVE users, which has everything fixed for Mac (and other stuffs) :)
If all goes well, the build will be released next week for everybody.

Cheers,
Nico
Head of Product Management

Well then I'll upgrade to Live right now! :)

Let's hope, because it has become really frustrating.

So it's next week... any news? Anxious to get back up and running with Painter on a project.

Thanks!