Author Topic: Cylindrical projection is missing? And problem selecting mesh paint tool fill  (Read 458 times)

So I usually import CAD content. We use to unwrap using cylindrical, spherical, box projection in some cases.
For example, importing this cylinder, I was not expecting this kind of unwrapping. In this case, is glass so I need both side of the cylinder. I could work painting using tri-planar but somehow It was not expecting the distortion on the plane. What do you think?

Anyway, after automatic UV unwrap on this object, it looks like there is a problem using the paint tool "polygonal fill".

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uHaWOogf_IhjSJaSILZ1VJDe1dOvIBRW/view?usp=sharing

Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:37:19 pm

Cylinders tend to be the worst case scenario for the current method we use for automatic UVs, we're looking into ways to improve the situation.

Hi @Jeremie Noguer, Thx for this awesome tool

As a workaround, I probably assign a new material for backface of the cylinders. In this way will help the overall unwrapping shape.

after automatic UV unwrap on this object, it looks like there is a problem using the paint tool "polygonal fill". The polygonal selection over the UV mapping is strange. Can you check out or I need to feel a bug report?
Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:59:55 am