Author Topic: UE4 4.24  (Read 2012 times)

Do you have a time-frame when the plugin will be available for 4.24?

thx

thx

Hi,

We are working on getting 4.24 out ASAP. I talked to the team yesterday and I'd like to see us submit this week. I will double-check again on this.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

thank you

Cool.. appreciate it the efforts - we really need that.
Thank you so much.. where to send the beer?  :D ;)

thx

Hi,

We are working on getting 4.24 out ASAP. I talked to the team yesterday and I'd like to see us submit this week. I will double-check again on this.

Cheers,
Wes

Damn that would be great cuz we have an architectural 3d model project before restoration. And we need to combinde c4d project and substance... And we have 3-4 days before deadline. HOPE WE CAN GET DAT SOON! 8)

That would be awesome...need it asap!

last day before the holidays.. any chance to get it?
I was also wondering... why do we need the actual plugin?

I rather usually use the website to download the materials and import them directly into UE4.
It would be very intuitive to maybe release your source-code to Epic and collaborate.

When ever Epic is working on a new release, your plugin code would be automatically integrated.
Therefore, users could always just import the materials.

What you guys think about this?

Happy Holidays.. still hoping to get the release today! :o

Hi hi , just checking in on this

Any chance to see this before the end of year...cant work on 4.23 and 4.24 at the same time!

Also wondering what's happening with this?

Allegorithmic's usually really quick with these Plugin releases! :o

I am always curious why this takes as long as it does when other plug-ins take maybe a day. The preview build is available for weeks prior to official launch. Just feels like Substance is becoming more crucial but taking longer each UE4 release. Hopefully there is a new way this is handled in the future - ideally launched same day, vs weeks later. Very much looking forward to this.

I'm also interested in this and would like to get it setup on 4.24 asap.

Thanks!

Will there be a standalone of the Substance plugin for 4.24 for source built versions of Unreal since the marketplace version is already available?

still not available? come one guys... :P

I am always curious why this takes as long as it does when other plug-ins take maybe a day. The preview build is available for weeks prior to official launch. Just feels like Substance is becoming more crucial but taking longer each UE4 release. Hopefully there is a new way this is handled in the future - ideally launched same day, vs weeks later. Very much looking forward to this.

I definitely would like to see it come out the same day (or very close to the same day) as launch. That being said, and being a developer for the last 15 years, I understand that things happen that are just out of your control. Hopefully they release it soon. A lot of my models are just big gray blobs running around now ><

EDIT: also, at least they re not as bad as Oracle when it comes to Visual Studio compatibility. It's almost 2020 and they still have not release Oracle Developer Tools for VS 2019. They said they expected to release it in Sept. Now they just ignore all requests for updates on where things stand.