Author Topic: Map Export Error: Spec Gloss Project needs Metal Rough channels?  (Read 861 times)

Hey Substance People! First time posting on here, I'm Max
I've spend quite some time texturing a Project in SP (2019.2.3) and finaly wanted to export everything to render in VRay.
Unfortunately some Errors came my way and am bothering me now ???

The Project is set in Spec Gloss Workflow, all of the Texture Sets are set to that Shader, export Settings are default
Anyway, apparently Substance trys to export them as a Metal Rough Project and asks for its channels:

[MapExporterDialog] Starting map export
[MapExporter] The input map 'Diffuse' needed by the map 'Anubis_SP_Diffuse.1014 ArmGuard' of the texture set '1014 ArmGuard' isn't available because: Your texture set needs a 'Metallic' channel to generate the 'Diffuse' map.
[MapExporter] The map 'Anubis_SP_Diffuse.1014 ArmGuard' can't be generated for the texture set '1014 ArmGuard'.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Reflection' needed by the map 'Anubis_SP_Reflection.1014 ArmGuard' of the texture set '1014 ArmGuard' isn't available because: Your texture set needs a 'Base Color' channel to generate the 'Reflection' map.
[MapExporter] The map 'Anubis_SP_Reflection.1014 ArmGuard' can't be generated for the texture set '1014 ArmGuard'.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Glossiness' needed by the map 'Anubis_SP_Glossiness.1014 ArmGuard' of the texture set '1014 ArmGuard' isn't available because: Your texture set needs a 'Roughness' channel to generate the 'Glossiness' map.
[MapExporter] The map 'Anubis_SP_Glossiness.1014 ArmGuard' can't be generated for the texture set '1014 ArmGuard'.
[MapExporter] The input map '1/ior' needed by the map 'Anubis_SP_ior.1014 ArmGuard' of the texture set '1014 ArmGuard' isn't available because: Your texture set needs a 'Metallic' channel to generate the '1/ior' map.
[MapExporter] The map 'Anubis_SP_ior.1014 ArmGuard' can't be generated for the texture set '1014 ArmGuard'.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Anubis_SP_Emissive.1014 ArmGuard' of the texture set '1014 ArmGuard' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Anubis_SP_Emissive.1014 ArmGuard' can't be generated for the texture set '1014 ArmGuard'.
[StacksExporter] Map export ended

I know that those Errors mean that all of the Metal Rough Channels are missing, but none of my texture sets or layers use any of the apparently missing Channels. Adding those channels results in a messed up Export with wrong Albedo...

I've also attached some screenshots of it.

Am I getting something wrong and VRay export only supports Metal Rough recently? On past Projects there never was an issue like this. It would be a real pain if I'd had to do everything from 0 :'(
Anyone know how to solve that problem? I really dont know how to fix it.

Thanks for any suggestions and help. Have a Great day
Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:11:46 pm

The default Vray preset was built with the assumption that you worked in the default Metal Roughness.
You may want to duplicate the preset here and change a few things:
Instead of the Glossiness from the "Converted maps" list, drag the one form the Input Maps list. same for the Diffuse, that should fix your errors.