Author Topic: File error on opening Substance scenes  (Read 207 times)

When I create scenes using recently purchased Substance textures, upon re-loading them into 3ds Max 2020 I sometimes  get 3 messages: File Open Error – Error loading Parablock2; File Open Error – Invalid File, only partially loaded; File Open Failed – file path. The only way to resolve these issues is to re-load the Substance textures and re-convert them into V-Ray. I’m storing my Substance texture files on my D: drive rather than the default C: drive, 3ds Max Substance/Maps folder due to memory availability issues. My system consists of AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX with a 32 core processor; 64Gb RAM and an NVidia Quadro P5000 card.

Peter

I am having the same issue. I crashed when trying to export and now can not open the file. I took an old save and started setting up materials again, it happened again and all my saves are not working now.

I think this should be fixed in the next version of the plugin.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya and 3ds Max
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Thanks for the update Galen. I'll advise after the next plugin update if the problem still persists as, like Drake Snider, I'm unable to open existing saved scenes when this issue occurs, so I'm currently avoiding using Substance materials, or having to save scenes prior to adding Substance materials in case the textured scenes are unable to be opened at a later date. In this manner, I can at least revert back to the pre-texture scene and add alternative (i.e. non-Substance) textures. Is there a date for the next plugin release, or is it a case of regular checking on the website?