Author Topic: Substance Painter Updates: Changelog  (Read 202152 times)

Substance Painter 1.7.3  (Released 1 March 2016)

Added :
   - [Export] Add an option to disable padding

THANK YOU!!!
Please add the option to merge the texture tiles into one on export, to make this perfect!

So when I open up Substance, a dialog box pops up asking if I want to update to 1.7.3. I say yes and it directs me to my account but no link or direction on how to actually update to 1.7.3. So maybe I'm just a dingus but...How do I get 1.7.3 - build 1080?? Does it have anything to do with me being in the Indie package? Do I need to buy Pro or something?

This is how I do it - may be the same for you. Log in to your account > then click Downloads from top menu > Click download symbol at far right of the software to download > click download link on latest build. Install downloaded package.  :D

The only other thing may be to use the "Link your Steam account to retrieve your Steam licenses." to get your software listed there on the Allegorithmic site. Not sure if you have to do that first or if you have already done so.

Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:12:39 am

how can we use the " [Shelf] Support sub-shelf hierarchy inside a shelf folder" feature in 1.7.3.
I created sub material folders in the shelf folder, but nothing changed in Painter.
This features means that you can now have a full shelf (with the default folder structure like materials, presets, effects and so on) inside a sub-folder. Like the allegorithmic folder in "My Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\".

This feature doesn't affect the way resources are displayed in the shelf inside Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello substance team, I just wanted to thank you for the features in this update.

I see that some of my requests that I made were included in this update (namely normal map and AO blending), I'm ecstatic! Oh my God, you guys are too awesome!   ;D

Thank you once again! I'll be upgrading shortly.

This is how I do it - may be the same for you. Log in to your account > then click Downloads from top menu > Click download symbol at far right of the software to download > click download link on latest build. Install downloaded package.  :D

That's how I do it too. Works every time.  :)

Can i get SP2 if i have indie pack licence ? ;)

Hey samime,

Yes you can upgrade for $75 to receive the Indie license for Substance Painter 2.

Best regard
Environment Artist - Twitter

I noticed that on the steam page for substance painter 2 says if you bought substance painter 1.7 after Feb 1st then you qualify for a free upgrade. How can I actually get that upgrade. I've sent Allegorithmic a message directly on their page and they still have not gotten back to me.

I noticed that on the steam page for substance painter 2 says if you bought substance painter 1.7 after Feb 1st then you qualify for a free upgrade. How can I actually get that upgrade. I've sent Allegorithmic a message directly on their page and they still have not gotten back to me.

What is your ticket number? You should have received it in an automatic email just after you contacted us.
Head of Product Management

Hello, my SP, just updated in Steam to 2.1, but my UI get just soooo BIG!, i cant work with it, im in a cintiq companion 2, so my resolution is 2560*1440. i was working just fine with the past version, and today i cant, everything looks so BIG!... i just looked in the option to see if there is a way to reverse this, but there is not... please help me! what should i do?

Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:47:51 pm

Hello, my SP, just updated in Steam to 2.1, but my UI get just soooo BIG!, i cant work with it, im in a cintiq companion 2, so my resolution is 2560*1440. i was working just fine with the past version, and today i cant, everything looks so BIG!... i just looked in the option to see if there is a way to reverse this, but there is not... please help me! what should i do?

Please post your issue in a new thread (with a working image).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Is anything special necessary to enable 8k export? It only shows 4k max for me in the export document window.

can you paint across uv (texture sets) maps ??????????? in this new update

Hey guys, this is not the right place to post questions and/or report errors.
Please make a dedicated thread instead and we will help you. :)
-----------