Author Topic: Substance Painter Updates: Changelog  (Read 93158 times)

A update ! What the gift !
Thank Wes & Happy holidays everyone
actually ,have nothing meaningful to say !

Thanks for the update! One question, does Substance Painter has, or is the functionality planned to rotate or scale the texture of a fill layer (like the "transform 2D" node in SD)? That would be great!

Thanks a lot and happy holidays!

@ red2blue  its already there, search the forum for it I forgot where it was sorry. but yeah it would be better if it was implemented. then again I'm quit sure they are working on it. maybe its in the next update.:D  Making on your self is pretty easy to in substance Designer

Enjoy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

thank you for the update, this software is Waouw! I'still some difficulties for making all the map for my project using the Substance designer but this one is a damned good software! I hope a lot of new substances coming soon and more effects...

Hello,

We will post changelogs for Substance Painter updates in this thread.

Substance Painter 1.1.1 build 556

Fixed :
  - [Brush] Impossible to manually enter float values below 1 for the brush size
  - [Layer] Creating a color selection effect doesn't add it in the layer stack
  - [Layer] Moving the mouse over the layers makes Painter to flick in the taskbar
  - [Layer] Adding a bitmap as a mask can lead to a crash
  - GUI for the solo mode with the Height channel is incorrect
  - "Save project" can fail and corrupt a project
  - Crash when opening a project after loading another one with an outdated shader
  -  [Tool] Geometry decal produce memory corruptions

Added :
  - [Layer] Select the layer on top when opening a project/switching texture set
  - Improved "Save" and "Save as" speed with new compression algorithm
  - Display en error when opening a project too recent for Painter

Woot! Glad ye fixed the crash on Save bug. Hopefully the geo/UV-masking is fixed. That crashed on me 323,131,231 times I think so far. ;) I didn't see it in the listed fixes unless it's being listed in a way I don't recognize.

Maybe it's this? '-  [Tool] Geometry decal produce memory corruptions'?

Will try it out. EDIT: Been using Sub Painter and it looks like geo/UV-masking has gotten a LOT more stable. No new crashes to report. YAY. I can finally work. Thanks for the quick-turnaround. If this was fixed, it should be listed as a fix (unless it's worded in a way I don't recognize). ;)

Should we be doing clean installs here? I just reinstalled over the old version. Seems to work ok.
Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:43:27 am

@ red2blue  its already there, search the forum for it I forgot where it was sorry. but yeah it would be better if it was implemented. then again I'm quit sure they are working on it. maybe its in the next update.:D  Making on your self is pretty easy to in substance Designer

Enjoy

Thanks for your answere. I will take a look in the forum.

Cheers! :)

Finally...Thanks for adding UV-Rotation!!  ;D

Wes, do you think you could post the date next to the release, so a quick scan could see if we have the latest?

I just updated the changelog.  :D
I will check tomorrow if I can add the release date for the previous version too.

By the way, if you don't have the latest version, you should get a pop-up windows when launching Painter that warn you about it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

I just updated the changelog.  :D
I will check tomorrow if I can add the release date for the previous version too.

By the way, if you don't have the latest version, you should get a pop-up windows when launching Painter that warn you about it.

Yeah I do, sometimes I am bad with numbers and when looking at this thread with "new" posts, I have to do a double take looking at the logs to remember which one I have. :) But thanks for adding it. :)

Yes! Glad for this update. Really glad for a fix to some of the save bugs. :) Thank you!

Outstanding! Congrats! SP now has pretty much everything for comfortable texture work!

Very nice update... now we can move fill layers with stuff like translate. Users would just have to be careful with placing things like decals, especially since it is not a 3d move tool and you have to rely on your UV shells. Also with the current numeric system, you can't get it precisely where you want it, unless you use a manipulator like in photoshop. Still good stuff.

EDIT: With two more decimal places such as 0.1001, it will help with things like placing fill layers where I want them.
Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:55:50 am

1.2.1 hummm what's new.

New SP Save Archives nice.