Author Topic: Substance Painter Updates: Changelog  (Read 182818 times)

Please post your issue in a dedicated thread, not here.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Jeez , Sorry.

Hello !
after 3 month of not asking anything, I will try to get something from you again )
Any ETA on UDIMs full support ?
Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:43:56 pm

With the new update on substance painter, I am having trouble with loading in a FBX file and it gives me a "failed to load 3D scene". I didn't have this problem before up until last week, it won't open any of the FBX files that I have but it will open substance painter files that have already been textured and rendered out. Any ideas on how to fix it or could it be that this is a bug?

With the new update on substance painter, I am having trouble with loading in a FBX file and it gives me a "failed to load 3D scene". I didn't have this problem before up until last week, it won't open any of the FBX files that I have but it will open substance painter files that have already been textured and rendered out. Any ideas on how to fix it or could it be that this is a bug?
Please post your issue in a dedicated thread.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

How long wait Pascal support for SP iray render?

So with this new part of the update..
[MatLayering] Create new Mask channel for material layering workflow

Does this mean we can export layered texture sets?

is the new update bake match with substance designer?

like the curve issue in this topic:
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,13189.msg57325.html#msg57325

Very Nice,

all the GPU related stuff is VERY WELCOME..

will give it a try tonight.. hopefully i will not bother you with thousands of bugreports anymore :)

Thanks a lot
and BIG UP!

Hats off to your support team as well.. i feel with you :D  :-[  :-X

regards from Ventuz :)  :-*
Dee

is the new update bake match with substance designer?

like the curve issue in this topic:
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,13189.msg57325.html#msg57325
Not yet, it would have been mentioned in the changelog otherwise.

So with this new part of the update..
[MatLayering] Create new Mask channel for material layering workflow

Does this mean we can export layered texture sets?
No, previous Material Layering shaders where using the "Opacity" channel for the masks. Which was incorrect, so we added a specific channels for that workflow. It doesn't change the export behavior.
-----------

Opacity brush, text!!!

Thanks a lot!!!  :)

Just dowloaded 2.5.1, what a relief to be able to use my graphic tablet again. I was lost without it !Thanks for the update.

Hi,

I have tried to export with different sort of padding setup and It seams like your padding port process is broken.

When I bake and ask for a 128px padding for exemple, It work well on baked additionnal maps. But when I export my final texture. the effects, due to texturing details, added on top of baked map don't padding well.

Please fix this quickly because mipmappings are so importants.

I Hope I will have an answer quickly on that

Regards

Any ETA on the ability to export the 2d viewport as a texture? It has been planned for well over 2 years now and absolutely no word about it since. Really hard for us nonPBR people to make nice photo realistic textures for games when we cant export 2d viewport.

Also, yes I have used baked lightning and honestly it looks too cheap and gritty. I could get better results going back to photoshop for creating textures than the current and only option we get for nonPBR.
Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:58:23 am