Author Topic: Crash and black viewport  (Read 630 times)

Hi There,

this is Michele and I have some issues with SP.
I bought (for the first time ever...) your yearly bundle subscription for the BF promotion a couple days ago. I downloaded everything and started your lantern's tutorials: download the project_files, open SP with the Launcher, import lantern.fbx and everything was fine…until I saved the my file (LanternTutorial.spp) and try to reopen it. Basically every time I try to reopen my LaternTutorial.spp SP crashed after few seconds or It loaded the file but everything is black in the viewport.
I have this configuration:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013),
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019),
3.4 GHz Intel Core i5,
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775 2048 MB, CUDA Driver Version 418.163, GPU Driver Version 387.10.10.40.122. (I cannot upgrade anymore these drivers)

As you now I can’t update my OS because there are no CUDA supported drivers for Catalina so I tried the version 2019.2.3 (the newest), the 2018.3.3 and the 2017.4.2 but with all of them I have had the same issue: everything is ok when I begin but after saving for the first time and try to reopen the project, “everything is black" or a crash happens after few seconds.
What I have to do? If there is a solution...
Of course I will update to a fully new Windows system next year or by the end of this one but what can I do for now? Which version and build I have to download and use to work properly, if there is one…?
Is there any workaround to solve my problem?
Can an RTX 2070 (on a new Win 10 system) work with some SB version?

Thanks for the availability.

Cordially Michele.