Author Topic: Alchemist Immediately Crashes Upon Launching  (Read 123 times)

I have not been able to launch Alchemist for a couple months now. I am running 10.13.3 Osx on a 2017 Imac 4.2ghz i7.
I have re-downloaded latest release and trashed old ones on my machine. I have emailed substance and never heard back.
Anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have the same problem. I'm desperately trying to open Substance Alchemist, but it keeps crashing at launch point. With the old version I was able to open the program. I have tried to re-install the program, launching it with/without Substance Launcher but it always crashes at the same point. See report. Please help. Thanks

Hello,

Can you try to delete the following files:
  • alchemistdatabase.json
  • createdMaterial folder
their location is:
  • Windows: ~/AppData/Roaming/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist
  • MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist/
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Those two files are not on my machine. Before it crashing,  I see a window pop up very briefly saying that the program did not shut down properly. Any other suggestions? This is getting ridiculous as I have not been able to use this software for a couple months because of this problem. I have also reinstalled it a couple times and it did not help.

Hello,

Did you succeed to launch it at least once?
If yes, delete all files contained in this folder:
Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Allegorithmic > Substance Alchemist

If you don't have any file there, it means something wrong happens during the install.
Substance Alchemist Product Manager