Author Topic: Can't set format of generated textures  (Read 4861 times)

Tried Substance 2.4.5, on Unity 2020.1.0b7 with HDRP 9.0.0 (due to some Shader Graph fixes in that version). In 2020.1, Unity uses the PackageManager exclusively for importing/updating Asset Store assets. The PackageManager shows the latest build as 2.4.4, however when I install it, in the Substance > About menu option, it shows as 2.4.5 (beta).

Although 2020.1 is still in beta, I wanted to point out that the latest version does not fix the Alpha8 problem when compression format is set to Raw.

There is also another problem with texture compression. The setting "Compressed" makes the alpha channel the same as the red channel. The setting "CompressedNoAlpha" shows the alpha channel as it is supposed to be, interestingly enough.

Additionally, using Unity's new "Preset" functionality in the top right of the inspector of the Substance textures causes the editor to hang when trying to save a preset.

Can someone take a look into this for 2020.1?

@korindian77 ,

Thanks for the report! Looking into this now :)

edit: The red channel/alpha issue is on our radar, and we have a ticket for it. Should be fixed fairly soon in a new release. I'm looking into the other issues. :)
Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:25:10 am
Integrations QA Analyst

hi, here i got alpha8 problem too.
Unity 2018.4.0f1, substance plugin 2.45

i make a simple sbsar to test a custom output, used a RGBA merger -> Output node (tried RGB and RGBA usage),
when my unity was on PC platform, it works fine.
once i switch platform to android, this custom output texture turn to alpha8, and mess up my test.

also, when i first import the substance plugin into unity, i got dll not loaded errer as the follow:
Code: [Select]
Assembly 'Assets/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'Substance.EditorHelper'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

hi, here i got alpha8 problem too.
Unity 2018.4.0f1, substance plugin 2.45

i make a simple sbsar to test a custom output, used a RGBA merger -> Output node (tried RGB and RGBA usage),
when my unity was on PC platform, it works fine.
once i switch platform to android, this custom output texture turn to alpha8, and mess up my test.

also, when i first import the substance plugin into unity, i got dll not loaded errer as the follow:
Code: [Select]
Assembly 'Assets/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'Substance.EditorHelper'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

@Jiaxin Han 0 ,

Can you post a link to the Substance file (.sbs file preferred) you are using for the Alpha8 issue?

The second error you are having, the devs are aware of it and a ticket is in for the issue. As far as I know, this is a 2018 only issue (but the plugin still seems to work).
Integrations QA Analyst