Author Topic: Painter won't respond, its not frozen, its just not responding  (Read 174 times)

I opened SP this morning and opened my project. i then made some changes and everything was fine. I tried to do some masking to a fill layer and it started loading the changes, it took longer than usual so i left it to work and returned a while later to find out that nothing had happened. i started toggling layers and no changes on the viewport. i added more fill layers and still nothing. the program isn't crashed, i can easily navigate on the project, zoom in etc. all the menu navigation is fine and on the history it does record every stroke i made, but it won't show on the viewport. i also can't save the file or even close the program as it just won't do anything. Again, its not crashed, all the UI elements are super responsive, its just not executing any commands. I opened a different project and everything is fine, i can make changes and nothing is wrong with it. It appears to only be this one project but i have no idea what caused it or how to avoid it. I'd also hate to lose my work. Oh and there are no errors popping up either.
i updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version.
i updated SP to the latest version.

Could you send me your project by PM ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

i'll send you a link to google drive where i have uploaded the project.

So the actual issue is that the computation of the project is stuck on an operation when you open it (you can see that the progress bar doesn't move after a few steps). So until the computation is done, any operation you do in the project cannot be registered, not until the engine finish it's computation.
Unfortunately this is a bug so you won't be able to do much on your side, but fortunately it will be fixed in our next release. With our internal build I was able to open your project and finish the loading. Our next release is scheduled for around mid-December.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Glad to hear its being sorted out! thank you very much for looking into this issue!