Author Topic: How to tweak my Source assets?  (Read 4968 times)

I've seen in some videos that Substance Source assets can be tweaked from within Substance Source.

For example, I've downloaded "Cardboard Tom". I can tweak the "Wave Amount", "Ripping", "Fold Amount", "Dirt Amount", etc.

My two questions are:
  • Can I also tweak these parameters from within Painter?
  • If not, can I tweak these parameters and re-download without using another Source point? Or everytime I want to tweak the asset I will need to spend a point?

Apologize in advanced for these noob questions ;)

1- Yes, you can tweak these parameters in Substance Painter, as well as in Substance Alchemist and in the integrations (Unreal, Unity...). You don't have to re-download the files, as what you get is a customizable file and not a "dead" texture. You can just tweak it!
The 3D player on the Substance Source website is there to give you an idea of the full possibilities of the materials.

2- Even if you don't have to re-download the materials to customize them, if you want to do so you can without spending more points.
You own a licence to the asset, so you can download the same asset as much as you want and it only costs 1 point the first time you download a new asset.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Thank you Marion :)

Hello all,
I will add one more noob question to the list. I hope you don't mind.

In the Substance Source, you can see 3 or 4 presets per material when you browse them on the site. In addition when you preview them on the site using the 3D player on the Substance Source website it allows to swap between presets and tweak some features.

After tweaking or swapping between presets, I downloaded the material. But when I open that material in my Desktop SubstancePlayer I just can see the original preset. How can I swap between the different presets in my Desktop SubstancePlayer if that is possible?

Thanks you.

After tweaking or swapping between presets, I downloaded the material. But when I open that material in my Desktop SubstancePlayer I just can see the original preset. How can I swap between the different presets in my Desktop SubstancePlayer if that is possible?

Sorry I can't add a screenshot at the moment, but you do have the possibility to see the presets in the desktop player.

In the parameters on the right side of the screen you can change the output size, random seed etc. On top of that, on the right you have a small "docuement" icon labelled "Presets".
There you can choose the preset of your choice!
PO @ Allegorithmic

Got it :)

Thanks so much Marion.