Author Topic: Does Perpetual No Longer Exist?  (Read 3013 times)

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I'm having a hard time finding a solid answer. I purchased a perpetual license to Substance Designer back in April. It's great, I love it, and now I was hoping to do the same with Substance Painter. However I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase a perpetual license.

The link that I used to purchase Designer back in April (https://www.allegorithmic.com/substance-for-pro) now seems to redirect to the subscription page. I don't see any options on that page to purchase a perpetual license though. Based on relatively recent responses I have seen on this board though, it sounds like it's still something that is offered. Am I just looking in the wrong place? Where do I go to purchase this?

Thanks!

(From what I've read it sounds like there is some kind of conversion that happens after 12 months of the subscription, but I also saw this post where Jeremie said you can buy perpetual at any time. If someone could point me in the direction of how to do that, I would be very grateful!)
Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:38:29 pm

I also wouldn't mind knowing this as I got the subscription a few months ago under the assumption I'd be able to get a perpetual license after 12 consecutive months of pay

Hi,

You can purchase perpetual licenses on Steam, then link your account with our website if you want to use the software out of Steam.
When it comes to the "rent-to-own", if you are already a subscriber before October 31 2019 then, IF you cancel after 12 months, you will get an option "Get a perpetual license for $49".

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

Oh excellent, thank you for the clarification Nicolas! I forgot that Substance was offered through Steam so I didn't even think to look there. That should be exactly what I was hoping for.

So you're saying if I link my accounts together, I will be able to use the software without installing Steam? I believe the IT department at my office has blocked us from using Steam, so I could see that causing a potential hiccup if it's required for installation.

So you're saying if I link my accounts together, I will be able to use the software without installing Steam? I believe the IT department at my office has blocked us from using Steam, so I could see that causing a potential hiccup if it's required for installation.

The answer is Yes, although Steam is only for Indie offer (< $100K of revenue).

If you are above that limit please contact sales@substance3d.com, we have lots of different solutions for professionals.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

Perfect. Thanks again Nicolas, I appreciate your help!