Author Topic: diffuse with lighting information  (Read 98 times)

Hi guys,

I only have used Substance Painter for one week, and so far I totally love it. I am having a little problem, however; when I export textures, I always get the Diffuse Map containing shadow information. I'm new to Substance Designer, but it is my understanding that Diffuse or Albedo consists of the color information only, without any light information. Am I doing anything wrong?

I am experiencing the problem with a layer containing a "Color Selection" mask; the whole thing displays great inside Substance Painter, but the exported diffuse has somehow managed to bake the lighting information in it. How can I correct this problem? I found no information about this problem at all.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards.

Well i m here for the same..Hopefully someone will post an accurate solution here。

Post a screenshot of the model, the layer stack, and the baked map please.

Painter will not bake lighting information without specifically setting this up using a filter or exporting using the 2D_View export preset.

Hi Volker,

Thanks so much for your reply. The project is a simple sci-fi floor tile, the perfect exercise for a beginner!

This is a low res version of the actual TIFF diffuse map.

Here's the model in the viewport (the geometry's just four vertices, a 1m by 1m plane):

It seems to me there is a correlation between the light/shadows in the viewport and the baked albedo.

And the Layer Stack:

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Kind Regards.

PS: Thank you for letting me know I am not alone with this issue, lakoulakay; it's really weird since everything else works exactly as expected. I'm confident with the community's help we'll get to the bottom of it.

Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:44:09 pm