Author Topic: Seams in roughness channel on every UV shell  (Read 2924 times)

Hi, I'm working on a model that has visible roughness seams anywhere there is a UV seam.

In Maya, I unlocked normals then smoothed normals.  Thank you.
Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:33:54 pm

This is likely the limitation of our realtime shader rendering.
You can minimise the effect of this issue by increasing the quality setting in the shader parameters, but this may impact the viewport performances.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you for your response. I actually fixed the issue somehow by reorienting the UVs so that the up, down, left, right corresponds to the object in world space, then smoothed the normals. I'm wondering, do correctly oriented shells help seam issues in Substance Painter?

I'm wondering, do correctly oriented shells help seam issues in Substance Painter?
Indeed, doing so can reduce or remove the seams. As I mentioned it's only a limitation of our renderer. In other applications the seams shouldn't be visible.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.