Author Topic: Can't save into Google Drive File Stream  (Read 4646 times)

There won't be any solution. The issue is that any application that do cloud backup run concurrently with other software and can create conflicts like read/write protecting a file it is currently uploading/syncing and not letting the main application (like Substance Painter) working properly. I have other software who crash/stop working because Dropbox lock some temp files for example. So it's not only a Substance Painter issue.

This cannot be fixed by us because this is dependent on the speed of the system, cloud backup software and the hardware.
I'm using Google Drive to sync between the computer at work and the one at the home office, and it doesn't seem to be a problem for MODO, Blender, Photoshop, PureRef and so on. No problems there. Only Adobe Substance Painter is preventing me from saving files to a Google Drive File Stream folder.

Currently my workaround is my private Synology cloud drive, where it works - without any problems - but which is a bad solution because it splits the project folder of whatever I'm working on - having all files except Substance Painter files on Google Drive, and the Substance Painter files on Cloud Drive.