Author Topic: Your Substance Alchemist [trial] license has expired  (Read 16746 times)

I'm a bit confused.  I have an active maintenance on Painter and Designer.  When I launch Alchemist I am met with the Activation Wizard.  So I fill in my details to be met with the "Your Substance Alchemist [trial] license has expired" message.  Was thsi always just a short trial period?  I thought until it was launched we could keep on using it?

Hello,

Substance Alchemist is only available through the Substance Subscription and for a 30-days trial.

If you want to use Substance Alchemist, you can switch from your maintenances to subscription and get it as all the updates of Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and 30 credits per month in Substance Source.

Best
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Cheers.

So I can't have a perpetual license like the 2 other products I already have ? Or at least an annual license, separated from Painter and Designer (so cheaper) ?

What can I say ?
Better to say nothing, I guess.

I am so very very disapointed that Alchemist can not be purchased as a standalone item...

joc

Dear Alchemist Team,

before subscribing I wanted test the final version 2019.1.0.
But this is impossible, because I have tested an EARLY BETA version.
So it would be fair to the users, to test the FINAL version before making the subscription.
I only plan to subscribe because of Alchemist. I have already a license for Designer and B2M to work with.
I hope you will understand this and you offer the possibility to test the final version again for all users and you will reset the activation for the Beta..

Best Regards
Jochen

pws

So I can't have a perpetual license like the 2 other products I already have ? Or at least an annual license, separated from Painter and Designer (so cheaper) ?

What can I say ?
Better to say nothing, I guess.

As of today, Quixel is part of Epic, Mixer and Bridge is free from now on... maybe Adobe will think about the whole situation?
Source: https://quixel.com/blog/2019/11/12/quixel-joins-forces-with-epic-games

As of today, Quixel is part of Epic, Mixer and Bridge is free from now on... maybe Adobe will think about the whole situation?
Source: https://quixel.com/blog/2019/11/12/quixel-joins-forces-with-epic-games

That is exactly what I was thinking when I have seen this announcement. A nice move would be to make Alchemist also free.
However, Adobe is living on a different planet than Epic Games. Thus this will never ever happen.