Author Topic: SP crashes all the time  (Read 1134 times)

Hello, Can you tell me why I have so many problems with SP ? It crashes 10 times an hour. I lost hours of work, backups last 15/20 minutes minimum. I have the latest version of the software, the latest Nvidia studio drivers. I have a TDP error at startup, I followed the explanations of the register modifications and I increased the response driver time til 240 seconds. But the error is still there and the software crashes all the time. I take a crazy delay in my work. I needed 3 days to texture a very simple scene. My configuration is new (1 month) and works very well with all my workflow (C4D, Houdini, After Effect, Zbrush, etc ...). Sorry if I am annoyed I am clearly losing money, impossible te respect deadlines in these conditions, I'm feeling in 1998 working with a Pentium 4. Do you have a version that works if you please?

My config:

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900X
MB: Asus Strix X299 E (last bios: 2002)
RAM: 64g Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 3200Mhz
GC: Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo 11G (driver Nvidia SD 431.86)
SSD: 2 x Samsung EVO 970 NVMe 500 + Seagate Barraccuda 4T
Alim: Coolermaster Gold 1000W

It should be enough to make substance painter work without crash no?

Kind regards
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:35:18 am

Here's my log. Tonight I removed 32g of ram for use on another machine, but with 32 or 64g it's exactly the same problem. I also deleted the SP preferences in the registry but it doesn't work...
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:53:06 am

But the error is still there

If the error is still displayed, you haven't created the correct registry entries. Check for typos, the entries are case sensitive.

And yet everything seems correct

Message is still there and craches as well

I can see that a registry entry is missing at first glance. Read the instructions carefully, and try again.
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 01:04:34 pm

There are TWO entries necessary.

TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay