Author Topic: Substance Painter Tiling makes texture looks bad?  (Read 2114 times)

I was complaining about texture quality for a long time, than i decided to take a test. Using a tile texture with 1024 of resolution on Unity with 15 repeat tiles give me a sharp texture even with a macro look. The same texture, with same resolution on substance painter, with same 15 repeat tile give me something i can't call good, i don't know what i'm doing wrong but look at this photos. Both Images have the same texture that i made on photoshop.

On Substance to unity

directly to Unity

Third Texture, both on unity now, one made on photoshop(Right) and the other imported to substance and exported to unity(Left)

same resolution, just drag and drop to both unity and substance painter > unity.

You ask, why are you using substance painter if you have a tiling texture, just drag and drop. I'm using because with substance painter i can use mask to use this tiling texture only where i want, if i just drag to unity and drop to my material it places along all my mesh.

I'm doing something wrong? Sorry my English is very bad.
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 06:00:55 am

Found my answer here https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=3840.0

Please, make tiling available through shader than coverted to the texture, it will help us with resolution (i don't know if this is even possible).
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:27:40 pm

What you are asking is fundamentally different from traditional painting and a single layer stack workflow.
Unless you use the material layering workflow, there not much we can do. See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Dynamic+Material+Layering
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

What he is asking for is pretty normal to be perfectly honest. There is a definite flaw in the software that is causing this and I have experienced it for years.

I will make a new post about this shortly.