Author Topic: Importing textures with transparency to combine texture sets  (Read 510 times)

Hello,

I want to combine two texture sets from a model with transparency together into 1 texture set. The model has 1 texture set for non-transparent parts, and 1 texture set for transparent parts. Textures are exported as PNG, basecolor with transparency, metal, roughness, normal. I figured I could combine them into 1 texture set, by changing my model to having only 1 material, then importing the textures into a fill layer and using a mask to assign the 2 texture sets to the right parts. I added the basecolor texture also to the opacity channel to use it's transparency value.
However, I'm not getting the exact same result as with 2 texture sets, the color and transparency values seem darker. I think I know what the problem is, because the PNG's don't have a separate alpha channel for transparency, so the basecolor and transparency values are blended together.

Is there any other way I can use the existing 2 texture sets and combine them into 1 while maintaining accurate values for basecolor and transparency? Aside from manually combining them in Photoshop as 1 texture. Point is, I also want to export the model as a glb file, so they need to be imported in Painter somehow.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :)