Author Topic: Filling polygons with drag selection fills non-visible faces  (Read 219 times)

As much as I'd like to use the drag selection to fill faces, it seems completely unreliable. I would expect the tool to apply only to the faces of the mesh I can actually see. But instead, it seems to project infinitely far through the model, selecting/painting any faces it encounters, even if it hits a backface.

Please see the attached GIF. Starting from a model with no texture, I drag select to fill some polygons on the top of the model. But you can see that this actually fills all sorts of faces on the other side of the model.

Am I using this tool wrong? Is this a bug?

Edit: The GIF is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7i7hw389rnuxgzo/Drawing.gif?dl=0   Apparently trying to attach a GIF, or at least this GIF, results in a error trying to post the message.
Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:14:19 am

The Polygon Fill tool doesn't have backface culling, which is why it goes all the way through your mesh. This is a known issues but we don't have a fix for it yet.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.