Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.23.0.2 Released  (Read 5565 times)

Overview:

Change List:
- Fixed Substance Source loading on Windows

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jRkibp8dXLqrdd_gjUzIf1RnxhRr0Hk4

This update will be available through the UE4 Marketplace. Alternatively, the most recent version of the Substance in UE4 plugin source can be downloaded from the link above.
Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:34:29 pm

SubstanceLiveLink is using some deprecated functions in the function connect().

The first one is:
Code: [Select]
TSharedRef<FInternetAddr> Addr = SocketSubsystem->CreateInternetAddr(0, 0);This should be replaced by:
TSharedRef<FInternetAddr> Addr = SocketSubsystem->CreateInternetAddr();
Addr->SetIp(0);

The second one comes right after where the code checks for GetHostByName():
if (SE_NO_ERROR != SocketSubsystem->GetHostByName(Host, *Addr)) {
    UE_LOG(LogSubstanceLiveLink, Warning, TEXT("Unable to resolveHost %s for Web Socket Connection"), UTF8_TO_TCHAR(Host));
    ConnectionStatus = ESubstanceLiveLinkWebSocketConnectionStatus::Disconnected;
    Disconnect();
    return;
}
and it should be:
FAddressInfoResult GAIResult = SocketSubsystem->GetAddressInfo(ANSI_TO_TCHAR(Host), nullptr, EAddressInfoFlags::Default, NAME_None);

if (GAIResult.Results.Num() > 0) {
    Addr->SetRawIp(GAIResult.Results[0].Address->GetRawIp());
} else {
    UE_LOG(LogSubstanceLiveLink, Warning, TEXT("Unable to resolveHost %s for Web Socket Connection"), UTF*_TO_CHAR(Host));
    ConnectionStatus = ESubstanceLiveLinkWebSocketConnectionStatus::Disconnected;
    Disconnect();
    return;
}
Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:15:32 am

Hi there, I wonder what your timeframes are for UE4 Plugin support for 4.24. I only ask as I use substance in my workflow as I love the speed that the plugin allows but I am eager to move to the 4.24 but don't want to do it without Substance.

Many thanks,

DC

Hi there, I wonder what your timeframes are for UE4 Plugin support for 4.24. I only ask as I use substance in my workflow as I love the speed that the plugin allows but I am eager to move to the 4.24 but don't want to do it without Substance.

Many thanks,

DC

Ditto !

Many thanks,

DC

Ditto !

Yup, me too!!! ;D

Does Substance Plugin work with Android Packages?

Overview:

Change List:

Download Link:

This update will be available through the UE4 Marketplace. Alternatively, the most recent version of the Substance in UE4 plugin source can be downloaded from the link above.

So, the version on Marketplace (via the Launcher) is the most recent version? .... how do we check our installation of the Substance plugin in 4.23.1 ... to see if it is this latest one ?

Overview:

Change List:

Download Link:

So, the version on Marketplace (via the Launcher) is the most recent version? .... how do we check our installation of the Substance plugin in 4.23.1 ... to see if it is this latest one ?

... nevermind, found it ::

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for posting this -- this is a life saver for me, because I'm using Linux.
For me it builds fine when using the default target, but if I try to use the UE4Editor-Linux-Debug target, I get linker errors complaining about not being able to find .a files in the Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux directory (because indeed the Libs/Debug directory doesn't even exist):

evka@evka-pc:/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23$ make UE4Editor-Linux-Debug
bash "/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh" UE4Editor Linux Debug 
Fixing inconsistent case in filenames.
Setting up Mono
Building UE4Editor...
Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23).
Performing 4 actions (6 in parallel)
[1/4] Link (ld) libUE4Editor-SubstanceCore-Linux-Debug.so
/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find /data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux/libpfxlinkercommon.a: No such file or directory
/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find /data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux/libalgcompression.a: No such file or directory
/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find /data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux/libtinyxml.a: No such file or directory
/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find /data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux/libsubstance_linker.a: No such file or directory
/data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: cannot find /data/fast/games-code/UnrealEngine_23/Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Substance/Libs/Debug/Linux/libsubstance_framework_editor.a: No such file or directory
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Makefile:576: recipe for target 'UE4Editor-Linux-Debug' failed
make: *** [UE4Editor-Linux-Debug] Error 5

Could you please help me resolve this issue?..

Hi Josh!

Just checking in if you could upload the source to the plugin for UE 4.24 - would be awesome! 8)

Edit: Not sure if allowed, I actually didn't find any rules at all, but I uploaded the 4.24 plugin files (recompiled for 4.24.1 which is the current release as of 16/01/2020): https://github.com/ceeazy/SubstanceInUE4

I also noticed that the plugin gets shipped with the Intermediate folder included which is redundant for UE4 since it only carries temporary build data. Those can bulk up the download quite a lot quite fast.

Enjoy!

Lovely regards,
ceeazy
Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:23:32 pm

C'mon guys.

Boasting being part of Adobe now you should have the resources available to stay up to date with the UE4 versions.

This was our concern for you joining Adobe...the disconnect we have seen between corporate and customer.  UE 4.24 has been out for 2 months so far.

Do you have the substance plugin ready?  Or are we to abandon and move to Quixel?
Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:19:26 pm

Now UE4.25 is out... wondering how long it will be till the Substance plugin supports it.... :-\