Author Topic: Can no longer open a specific project, possible file corruption?  (Read 1608 times)

WJS

As the title states, I can't open one of my painter projects. The log just tells me "Failed to open project".

I had been working on another project for a long time so I don't have autosaves anymore, I only have this one unusable file.

I was wondering if anyone could try to open it up manually and restore it for me? Or if it's possible to just export the current stack as a smart material for use in a fresh project file?  I'd be very grateful, I spent a lot of time on this texture so far.

Here is a link to download the .spp file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sKlZ22RQdTkYOgA7ACpLBy1oJ8YasEDP

Thank-you for your time.

Are you opening the project with the same version of painter it was made in? Did you happen to open it in a newer version and convert it?

WJS

I'm opening it with the same version it was made in. Nothing else on my substance installation has change between now and the last time I worked on this project.

I'm opening it with the same version it was made in. Nothing else on my substance installation has change between now and the last time I worked on this project.

That sucks! I tried to open but it failed as well. Hopefully they can find the reason. Did you have any viruses lately? Maybe the file got corrupted from one?

WJS

Not as far as I know, thanks for trying though.

I looked at your project file, unfortunately the archive has been corrupted to the point it cannot be opened anymore. This means I cannot retrieve the files in it and rebuild a project for example. I'm afraid the project is lost.

Do you happen to know how it ended-up like that ? Did you had any save message errors by any chance ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

WJS

Alright, thanks for trying and letting me know.

I don't remember any save errors at all. Last time I was in that project I just saved it like normal and exported to test how it looked in-engine. Since then I worked on a different project for a few days until I tried to open it again.