Author Topic: Crash/Windows Freeze while exporting 8K exr maps  (Read 1947 times)

Hi, I'm having a really difficult time exporting 8k materials. It always seem to crash while computing the high res maps. I've set the tdr delay to 120 and the swap  to 16-64gb.

It happens almost every single time (I was able to export a single set in 8K ONCE). I have no trouble with 4k textures. I also tried exporting with some third party plugs like Xolotl studio's live link to no success. I also updated the nvidia drivers.

Funny thing is my MBP 2015 can manage 8k export with no hassle (albeit really slowly).

I have this machine:

Ryzen 7 2700X
32 Gb 3000 Mhz RAM
RTX 2080

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 4K textures are almost no use to me, I use C4D and Arnold.

Thanks

How many texture sets are you trying to export ? What is the complexity of your layer stack ?
Exporting at 8K is very demanding, even with a good computer. A lot of factors can affect the stability of this process.

One thing you could try as well is updating your GPU drivers.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

About six.

But the thing is it happens no matter the complexity of the stack. I just cannot export an 8k texture. I'm starting to believe it's hardware related. Anyways, I will try and update the drivers. Thanks.

A little update, my trouble was due to a poorly executed overclock. Once I got that working, problems exporting stuff stopped.

I now have other set of problems (like texture mismatching on 8k compared to 4k) but this no longer stops me from rendering.

Thanks for the help.