Author Topic: ID bakes inside Substance Painter  (Read 1678 times)

Hello!

I am currently watching an Introduction to Substance Painter from the Gnomon Workshop, and realized that the model that was being textured (a tank and soldier on top) had some interesting id bakes. Currently, the only way I know how to create ID bakes is to have a variation of materials made inside Maya and change their colors so that when baked inside painter, the result is a new texture set list for the each material. In this tutorial, the id bake of the soldier had multiple colors but it was connected to only one texture set list, now If I had done that the only way I know how, then the soldier would have had many different texture sets. So my question is, how can i get an ID bake inside Substance Painter that consists of multiple color masks but is connected to only one texture set.

Thanks

You need to simply create two different meshes.
One for your Substance Painter project, the other for baking your ID map which you load as an high-poly mesh.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.