Author Topic: MAYA 2019.2 + Vraynext1.1 +plugin substance 2.0.1  (Read 1295 times)

HI,

SubstanceNode1 is completed but VrayNode do not created .... ?

error message :

shadingNode -asTexture substanceNode;
// substanceNode1 //
shadingNode -asUtility place2dTexture;
// place2dTexture1 //
connectAttr place2dTexture1.outUV substanceNode1.uv;
// Connected place2dTexture1.outUV to substanceNode1.uvCoord. //
connectAttr place2dTexture1.outUvFilterSize substanceNode1.uvFilterSize;
// Connected place2dTexture1.outUvFilterSize to substanceNode1.uvFilterSize. //
// Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
// Substance - Render completed for substanceNode1
# Warning: Substance Workflow - Output ambientOcclusion not found #
# Warning: Substance Workflow - Output emissive not found #
# Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
# Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
# Substance - Render completed for substanceNode1
// Error: global string $gHypershadeNodeEditor;string $res = $gHypershadeNodeEditor; //
// Error: Line 1.50: Invalid redeclaration of variable "$res" as a different type. //
// Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance in Maya/2019/plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py line 8: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
Line 1.50: Invalid redeclaration of variable "$res" as a different type. //

help !!

Br

Looks like a small issue perhaps with how some stuff is scoped. We'll take a look and see if it is something we can have fixed for a future version.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya and 3ds Max
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Hi,

I Have precisely the same error, (see my other thread). Tried numerous clean re-installations, Maya 2018.6, 2019 , 2019.2 combined with Substance Plugin 2.0.1 and 2.0.3 with default/empty Maya preferences. Even though I am using Arnold I get the same errors in the Script Editor. I really don't know what to do any more   :'(
Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:11:30 am

Hi Again,

I still don't know what is causing the problem, but I (with the help of a programming colleague) was able to find a quick fix:

In this file : "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance in Maya\2019\plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py" simply comment out the variable "$res" causing the issue by "//" like this:

def acquire_hypershade():
    """ Gets the hypershade object from Maya, returned as a string """
    return maya.mel.eval('global string $gHypershadeNodeEditor;'
                         '//string $res = $gHypershadeNodeEditor;')

I don't know if it causes any other issues down the line, but for now it works for me  8)

Hi Again,

I still don't know what is causing the problem, but I (with the help of a programming colleague) was able to find a quick fix:

In this file : "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance in Maya\2019\plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py" simply comment out the variable "$res" causing the issue by "//" like this:

def acquire_hypershade():
    """ Gets the hypershade object from Maya, returned as a string """
    return maya.mel.eval('global string $gHypershadeNodeEditor;'
                         '//string $res = $gHypershadeNodeEditor;')

I don't know if it causes any other issues down the line, but for now it works for me  8)
I had the same issue only with redshift, it worked for me too. Thank you!

it worked for me too.cool ! Thank you!