Author Topic: MAYA 2019.2 + Vraynext1.1 +plugin substance 2.0.1  (Read 12301 times)

HI,

SubstanceNode1 is completed but VrayNode do not created .... ?

error message :

shadingNode -asTexture substanceNode;
// substanceNode1 //
shadingNode -asUtility place2dTexture;
// place2dTexture1 //
connectAttr place2dTexture1.outUV substanceNode1.uv;
// Connected place2dTexture1.outUV to substanceNode1.uvCoord. //
connectAttr place2dTexture1.outUvFilterSize substanceNode1.uvFilterSize;
// Connected place2dTexture1.outUvFilterSize to substanceNode1.uvFilterSize. //
// Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
// Substance - Render completed for substanceNode1
# Warning: Substance Workflow - Output ambientOcclusion not found #
# Warning: Substance Workflow - Output emissive not found #
# Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
# Substance - Rendering substanceNode1
# Substance - Render completed for substanceNode1
// Error: global string $gHypershadeNodeEditor;string $res = $gHypershadeNodeEditor; //
// Error: Line 1.50: Invalid redeclaration of variable "$res" as a different type. //
// Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance in Maya/2019/plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py line 8: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
Line 1.50: Invalid redeclaration of variable "$res" as a different type. //

help !!

Br

Looks like a small issue perhaps with how some stuff is scoped. We'll take a look and see if it is something we can have fixed for a future version.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Hi,

I Have precisely the same error, (see my other thread). Tried numerous clean re-installations, Maya 2018.6, 2019 , 2019.2 combined with Substance Plugin 2.0.1 and 2.0.3 with default/empty Maya preferences. Even though I am using Arnold I get the same errors in the Script Editor. I really don't know what to do any more   :'(
Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:11:30 am

Hi Again,

I still don't know what is causing the problem, but I (with the help of a programming colleague) was able to find a quick fix:

In this file : "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance in Maya\2019\plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py" simply comment out the variable "$res" causing the issue by "//" like this:

def acquire_hypershade():
    """ Gets the hypershade object from Maya, returned as a string """
    return maya.mel.eval('global string $gHypershadeNodeEditor;'
                         '//string $res = $gHypershadeNodeEditor;')

I don't know if it causes any other issues down the line, but for now it works for me  8)

Hi Again,

I still don't know what is causing the problem, but I (with the help of a programming colleague) was able to find a quick fix:

In this file : "C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance in Maya\2019\plug-ins\substance\maya\core\hypershade.py" simply comment out the variable "$res" causing the issue by "//" like this:

I don't know if it causes any other issues down the line, but for now it works for me  8)
I had the same issue only with redshift, it worked for me too. Thank you!

it worked for me too.cool ! Thank you!

Hi Again,

i dont knw how to edit the script im trying to edit it with notepad but changes could not be saved it says we need the adminstrator permission

need urgent help

This should be fixed from 2.1.0 and forward. The newest version of the plugin is 2.1.1. The simplest fix should just be updating the plugin, which can be downloaded on our website.

Windows doesn't let you write to a file in program files without administrator privileges, so if you want to just edit it, you'll need to open notepad in administative mode.
Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:35:34 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

thank you