Author Topic: MatFX HBAO gave me a blue screen  (Read 174 times)

Hello, I was using the MatFX HBAO tool in Substance Painter and I got a blue screen. The message read:
Stop Code: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Does this indicate an issue with my graphics card driver? I have a RTX 2080TI card and I'm using the most recent Studio driver. Thanks for any advice.

This is likely an issue in the GPU drivers. Could you try updating to the latest Nvidia drivers and see if it improves the stability of the system ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

I have been using the latest Studio drivers ( that were made available September 4 ). And Substance Painter had been running fine up until I used that specific tool.

This particular Substance filter can be quite intensive on the GPU, which may explain why the rest of the application runs fine.
When I mentioned the drivers, I was thinking about the Game Ready drivers, not the Studio drivers. Can you try those ? They are currently in version 436.48.
It's just to confirm if the application is more stable or not, because as I mentioned in my previous post this is a GPU driver issue. You shouldn't get a blue screen if the application was demanding too much to your GPU (the application should just crash in worst case scenario).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.